Welcome to Part 2 of “Driving California Highway 1 in a RV”. This odyssey followed the adventures of my wife Maureen and I as we explored scenic Highway 1 along the California coast in a truck and travel trailer. While the scenery was spectacular, the route in places had more twists and turns, zigs and zags, ups and downs than a roller coaster which made for a very “exciting” experience.
Is there a more iconic, more scenic route than Highway 1 – The Pacific Coast Highway – which winds its way along the California Coast? From Los Angeles in the south to the tiny community of Leggett in the north, this highway is packed with some of the most spectacular scenery, incredible views and amazing activities to be found on the planet. Two lanes wide and lightly travelled for much of its length, Highway 1 is a remarkable example of a “Route Less Travelled” however, in the land of limo’s, Lamborghinis and luxury cars, just how drivable was this highway in a big RV? That’s what my wife Maureen and I intended to find out.
- Haida Gwaii Adventures
- Visiting Montreal and Quebec City
- Driving California Highway 1, The Pacific Coast Highway in an RV: Part 2
- Driving California Highway 1, The Pacific Coast Highway, in an RV: Part 1
- Manitoulin Magic
- Across The Top Of Lake Superior
- Thunder Bay – A Tourist Gem
- Do You Know The Way To Thunder Bay?
- Wonderful ‘Winterpeg’
- What To Do In The “Soo”